Defining and Non-defining Relative Clauses Quiz




Defining and Non-defining Relative Clauses Quiz

In this defining and non-defining relative clauses quiz you have to decide which type of clause you are looking at.

Before starting the quiz review the key differences between defining and non-defining relative clauses.

This is the main difference:

  • Defining: These give essential information, which cannot be left out of the sentence.
  • Non-defining: These give extra information, and could be left out of the sentence without changing the main message.

Defining and Non-defining Relative Clauses Quiz

Choose whether the sentence includes a defining or non-defining relative clause.

1. She is the one who kindly helped me with my shopping.
2. My brother, who lives in Boston, is an accountant.
3. The house he bought, which is in central London, is really beautiful.
4. Can I buy the dress that's displayed in the window?
5. Anne, whose sister is also a friend of mine, is going to join us for dinner.
6. Paris is the city where I grew up.
7. The play that my friend was in was a bit boring.
8. My employers haven't given me my holiday pay yet, which really isn't fair.
9. They are the children whose father was arrested yesterday.
10. President Kennedy, whom I really admire, was assassinated in 1963.

  

Post a Comment

0 Comments